- Speak about your life.
- What are your plans for the future? What would you like to do? How would you like to live?
- Describe your usual weekday and a typical weekend. Say a few words about special days (e.g. Christmas Day, New Year´s Eve…).
- Choose five jobs and speak briefly about them. Use the chart below to do so.
Speak about your life and your future, these questions might help you:
- What is your name?
- Where and when were you born?
- What nationality are you?
- What is your job? / What do you do?
- Who are your parents? (name, age, job)
- Who are your sisters and brothers? (name, age, job)
- Where do you live?
- Did you go to a nursery school?
- Where did you attend elementary school?
- Which subjects did you like? Which subjects were you good / bad at?
- What were your hobbies at that time? What did you do in your spare time?
- Did you have a good friend?
- What were your plans for the future at that time? (Where did you want to study? What did you dream of?)
- What made you choose our school (V Úžlabině…)?
- Which subjects are easy / difficult / interesting / boring for you? Which subjects are you good / bad at?
- What are your classmates like? Have you got any good friend(s) here?
- What do you do in your free time? What are your hobbies?
- What do you intend to do after your maturita exam? Where would you like to study? What would you like to do?
- What are your plans for your private life?
- Where would you like to live?
When I was a child, I always wanted to be / to become a … because I liked to…
When I was a child, I dreamed of being a …
Then my opinion changed. I met / I saw / I started to admired …. because…
Now I …
I´d like to / I´d love to study … (what) at … (where) ….
I hope I will succeed.
I think I could be a good … (job), because…
I plan to study (on) for five years and then I´d like to start a job with a good company…
Speak about your daily programme. Use some of the following phrases:
- my day starts at…
- the alarm clock wakes me at …
- my mother wakes me at …
- wake up at … AM
- get up
- get out of bed
- turn on the radio / TV
- listen to music / morning news
- read newspaper headings quickly
- go to the bathroom
- wash (my) face
- take a quick shower
- clean / brush my teeth
- comb my hair
- put on make up
- get dressed
- put on jeans
- a T-shirt and a sweatshirt
- make breakfast
- have breakfast
- have bread and butter for breakfast
- drink milk for breakfast
- prepare (my) schoolbag
- leave home at 7 am
- sometimes, Mum or Dad drive me to school
- go / rush / hurry to the bus stop
- take a bus No 133 (one thirty-three, one-three-three)
- get on the bus
- The way takes (me) 30 minutes.
- have to change once. / I don´t have to change.
- go by bus / by tram / by the underground
- get off the bus at Plaňanská bus stop.
- walk to school.
- arrive at school at 7.30.
- usually arrive in time / on time, be (often) late.
- go to the cloakroom
- leave (my) jacket and shoes in (my) locker
- Change (my) shoes
- go up the stairs into the classroom
- prepare all things for the first lesson
- Our lessons start at 7.45.
- Each lesson takes 45 minutes.
- There is always a 10-minute break between the lessons.
- The main break is 15 minutes long.
- In the break we can eat a snack, relax, prepare for the following lesson, talk to friends….
- We usually have 7 lessons daily.
- The lessons are over at 2.05 pm.
- Then, we go to the school canteen and have lunch.
- On my way home, I usually … (What do you usually do?)
- In the afternoon, I often … (What do you do?)
- We have dinner at 6 pm.
- I often wash the dishes.
- In the evening, I learn for school, watch TV, play PC games, read magazines, chat with friends, go out etc.
- Before I go to bed, I take a shower and clean my teeth.
- I usually go to bed at 10.30 pm.
- At the weekend I can stay up late and in the morning I don´t have to get up early.
- On Saturdays and Sundays I usually….
- At a typical weekend I help clean our flat: I vacuum clean, dust the furniture…
- We often go to our cottage. I have to help in the garden.
Speak briefly about five jobs. The following chart might help you.
Who does the jobs?
Where do they work?
What does the employee / worker do?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the job?
Whats´s your opinion on the job?