- Name some basic facts about Canada. Speak about the following:
population, capital city, major cities, provinces and territories, size, climate, official languages, natural resources, economy
- Provide some details about the history of Canada. Who are Canada´s native people? Which countries first had settlements in Canada? What is the origin of the name ´Canada´? Why is the beaver a symbol of Canada and why was this animal important in the early development of the country? What are some other symbols of Canada?
- Canada is a country known for its natural beauty and landscape. Provide some geographical information about Canada:
bodies of water, borders, mountain ranges, national parks, wild life
- What some typical Canadian sports and pastimes?
- Canada is part of the British Commonwealth. Speak about the political structure of Canada. Who the leader of Canada? Who is the Queen´s official representative in Canada?
- What are some interesting places to visit in Canada? If you could travel to any city or region in Canada, which would you choose?
- Name some famous Canadians.
- Provide some basic geographical facts about Australia:
population, capital city, major cities, provinces and territories, size, official language, natural resources, economy
- Describe the climate in Australia. Why does Australia´s climate make it attractive for tourists?
- Discuss the political structure of Australia. What is the official name of Australia? Describe the Australian flag and say what it represents.
- Briefly talk about the history of Australia. What is the name of the original people of this country? What famous explorer discovered Australia? Who were the first people to settle in Australia and what was Australia first used for by the British?
- Australia is famous for its unusual and exotic animals and wild life. Talk about a few of the unique creatures found in this country.
- What are some of the natural resources found in Australia? What are some of its chief industries and agricultural products?
- What famous sights can you see in Australia? If you had the chance to visit Australia, where would you go and what would you like to see?
- What are sports are played in Australia?
- Australian slang contains some words and expressions not common in Standard English. Give some examples of Australian English.
- Name some famous Australians.
- Give some basic facts and details about New Zealand.