is the 2nd largest country after Russia, it lies in the north of North America and it spreads between 2 oceans Pacific and Atlantic. In the north is Arctic Ocean. It borders only with the USA. The capital city is Ottawa.
Surface and climate
- Climate is mild, but only in the south, in the north is arctic and really cold climate.
- In the north, east and south the country is dominated by lowlands, in the west there are Rocky mountains.
- Great lakes in the south on borders with the USA (Ontario, lake Huron, lake Erie, lake Superior) and other lakes – Lake Winnipeg, Great Slave lake or Great Bear lake and some smaller lakes.
- The longest and the most important rivers, which flows through Canada are, St. Lawrence or Mackenzie.
- In the north many islands – Baffin Island, Queen Elizabeth Islands, Victoria Island)
- Bays Hudson Bay, Gulf of St. Lawrence with island Newfoundland
- The population is more than 33milion inhabitants.
- most of them are Christians
- The country of emigrants from hole world, most of them come from Europe (Britain and France),
- Indians as Eskimos
- Canadians speak English and French(in Quebec), languages of immigrants and Indians
Political system and consist
- Canada is federal democratic country, it consists of 10 provinces and 3 territories.
for example :Quebec, Manitoba, Ontario, Yukon, Newfoundland and Labrador, Alberta and et cetera.
- Canada is member of NATO, G8, UN and Commonwealth, so British queen is formal head of the country and she was represented by General Governor.
- The head of government is prime minister Stephen Harper from Conservative party
Places of interest and cities
- Niagara falls, Great lakes and other lakes – recreation, fishing, amazing nature with many National parks (Banff NP, Jasper NP)
- Modern and beautiful cities (Vancouver, Toronto), older cities (Montreal, Ottawa and historical Quebec city)
- Currency is Canadian Dollar.
- High developed country →the most important branches of economy are services (Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto).
- The soil is suitable for agriculture only in the south.
- Really important branches are also logging, oil and gas production, gold, nickel, zinc and uranium mining.
- Ice hockey national sport of Canada many leagues, the best is common League with the USA -NHL – 7 teams from this in Canada (well known Toronto and Montreal)
- Olympic Games three times-Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary